What makes Fujitsu unique? The answer is simple: our people. We owe our market and technology leadership to the employees who choose to work for us. Continually infusing our workforce with fresh new talent is a vital part of maintaining the top-caliber employee base that makes Fujitsu a great place to work. Our brand promise to our customers is “shaping tomorrow with you.” Every one of our employees shares in achieving that promise.
Take a few moments to review the information on this page about the types of employment opportunities we offer candidates at all stages of their careers. Whichever path you take, you will receive the tools, resources, and support you need to grow, thrive, and build a long-term career.
Job Title: Solution Engineer – Retail Products
Job Status: Full-time
Location: Works from home or company office, travel required
Reports To (Position): Head of Sales Support
Solutions Engineer, for our Retail Products Portfolio, will be a key resource aligned-to and supporting our Retail Industry Client Executives for joint pursuits related to expanding Fujitsu’s market share in General Retail / Specialty, Grocery, and C-Store segments (to name a few). As a Solution Engineer at Fujitsu, you will perform a myriad of duties before and during Sales cycles to bring clarity, cohesion, and simplicity to Fujitsu’s capabilities to enable and deliver a Retail experience utilizing the breadth of our Software and Hardware capabilities. The Solutions Engineer must be able to take technical and operational topics and make them accessible and consumable by individuals who are not experts. Knowledge of operational retail environment is key to drive business improvements & advantage to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Functions of the position include, but are not limited to;
- In line with Fujitsu S3 strategy around modularity, deliver applicable hardware and software components part of our existing portfolio or research new components, to deliver the right Fujitsu solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Participate and drive Solutions delivery for RFI/RFP responses & presentations for all new opportunities
- For established clients, continue to nourish and grow the daily relationship with clients via personalized, scheduled, & ad hoc communications and site visits where appropriate, as well as attend all QBRs (Quarterly Business Review)
- Create & Deliver oral presentations / discussions which will document the technical, functional, and operational capabilities of our technology solution sets
- Conduct workshop style architecture sessions with clients to discover key business and technical requirements, then record, interpret, and finally outline those key requirements
- Shipping / Receiving of demo hardware and solutions as need be, while maintaining accurate asset inventory
- Assist in the deeper definition of functional requirements, solution fit, and creation of solution kits & PINs for quoting. A deep understand of the entire portfolio and associated options is required in order to derive the most appropriate PIN documentation
- Communicate regularly with the client, during transition to a delivery phase, from pilot to full roll-out and work closely with the internal Fujitsu teams to ensure delivery of the solution
- Technical escalation point of contact from client to Fujitsu
- Technical support of Fujitsu’s tradeshow events to include equipment setup and teardown, and presentation/discussion with prospective customers
- Work with Fujitsu engineering & sustaining engineer teams to ensure technical issues are documented and escalated for resolution to the customer satisfaction
- Work closely with Product Management in the life cycle management of the product/device for Software & Hardware roadmap to keep customers well informed
- Document the technical requirements and business benefits for new custom customer requirements
- Software support – in addition to a mostly hardware centric responsibility, there are numerous software support duties, which include (but not limited to) U-Scan self-checkout software, Mobile Device Software, Alert Management Software, Automated Software Maintenance, Non-Bar Code Editor, Access Control, etc.
- Testing of Retail Solutions, both Hardware and Software. Document and formulate solutions and/or recommendations
- Travel to support sales/customers 50% of the time
- Customarily and regularly exercises independent discretion and judgment
- Regular work site attendance
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use of Fujitsu Frontech support website for downloading software and exchanging technical documentation / information.
- Use Salesforce as tool for tracking all technical incidents
- Document Win & Loss and provide White Paper for success stories
- Adhere to company policies, ISO requirements, safety, and quality
- Support continual improvement efforts
- Additional responsibilities as assigned. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other, reasonable and related duties may be assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of network routing, network security, and firewall features
- Ability to work well with others in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to pick up and learn new technology
- Ability to conduct user training on various IT topics
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to large scope and complexity using company or departmental policies as guidelines
- Must be capable of managing multiple priorities effectively and be able to identify and recommend best course of action from several alternatives
- Excellent team player, problem solver with a high level of self-motivation and initiative
- Able to meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Ability to work independently (and with limited supervision) while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments at all levels within the organization
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze detail and perform structured decision-making on a daily basis.
- Must be capable of managing multiple priorities effectively and be able to identify and recommend best course of action from several alternatives.
- Quality oriented
- High degree of initiative and ownership, attention to detail, and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong influencing, collaboration and relationship-building skills both internally and externally with suppliers
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science from a four-year college or university; or 5 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 8+ years in Pre-Sales Consulting, Business Consulting, Business or similar Solution Engineering roles.
Retail Industry specialty / Retail Industry Experience / Self Check-Out Experience – required.
Demonstrate ability to effectively use computer and applicable computer software. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with hardware configuration and software. Strong understanding, ability to navigate and manage various operating systems, inclusive of Windows, Linux, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; use phone and headset; use hands, arms, fingers to type; answer phones; write; use calculator; demonstrate strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 75 pounds; May require carrying or lifting of Retail solution sets of varying weight (from 1 to 70 pounds), may require bending, squatting, walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods. Demonstrate clear vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, the noise level in office labs and customer sites is moderate to loud.
Primary Desired Location: West Coast of USA
Secondary Desired Locations: Any Top 30 City, USA (easy access to airport)
Must be able and willing to travel (up to 50%) for internal meetings, trade shows and customer support both domestically and internationally. Willing to travel by plane to locations in other states/countries. Travel is mostly within North America, but some extended travel beyond North America could occur from time to time.
Valid Passport and Driver’s License is required at all times for this position.
Attend on-site customer appointments as needed.
What are the Benefits of a career at Fujitsu?
- Professional development
- Innovative environment
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Competitive Total Rewards Packages
- Generous Holiday and PTO schedules
- Generous 401K match
- Work/life balance
- Healthy Connections Program
- Educational reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
- Community service opportunities
- Employee discounts
What types of positions are offered?
- New Graduates
- Summer Internships
- Co-Ops (Full-Time or Part-Time)
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at FFNA.firstname.lastname@example.org.