New York, NY, January 10, 2020 – Fujitsu America, Inc. and Fujitsu Frontech North America Inc. (booth #5604), are delivering memorable and consistent experiences for stores and the digital enterprise to NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show. With Fujitsu, retailers can transform their operations, reduce costs, improve productivity and deliver personalized consumer engagement regardless of channel. Fujitsu will demonstrate how a connected retail framework fueled by customers, data and machines is the key enabler to digital and brick-and-mortar store transformation.
“Today we live in a new retail world where customers expect their in-store and digital experiences to be seamless,” said Paul Kennedy, VP, Head of Retail Industry, Fujitsu America, Inc. “Retailers must adapt and become truly connected to keep pace with rising demand for a consistent customer engagement delivered across every touchpoint. Fujitsu brings a unique approach to this challenge with technology-enabled consulting capabilities that span in-store and enterprise digital environments.”
Deliver personalized customer experiences Fujitsu
Throughout the show, Fujitsu will display how retailers can achieve the following business outcomes:will feature its first retail use application of Digital Annealer (DA), its quantum-inspired computing technology, to enable improved personalization through apparel selection and recommendations. DA is applied to analyze a complete retailer assortment of various apparel items—such as pants, shirts and shoes—to recommend the ideal match. This groundbreaking technology can be applied toward numerous extremely complex retail use cases in a fraction of the time it would take conventional computing technology to calculate.
Modernize business models
As more retailers seek to modernize their operations, having the right digital strategy, security measures and technology in place is critical. Fujitsu has several new technologies and partnerships:
• To enable retailers to detect and prevent fraud and business process deviations in real-time, and help to reduce significant annual profit losses for retailers, Fujitsu will present its SAP Loss Prevention solution.
• To convert window-shoppers to loyal customers, a transparent store-front window display with a consumer mobile experience will be featured, coining the term “Buy at Store-Front Window, Pick-up in Store.”
• In an effort to effectively curtail the loss and return profit to the bottom-line, Fujitsu and Zebra have partnered to use machine vision to combat a common theft tactic at self-checkout, ticket-switching.
• To improve retailer execution of click and collect transactions, extend assortment availability, and savethe-sale, Signifi and Fujitsu have partnered to leverage a locker solution.
Discover the power of automation
For retailers looking to optimize operating costs and improve customer service, automating processes using Fujitsu’s ‘Design-it-yourself’ store transformation solution can help. Key features include:
• To enable self-service for a wider range of industry segments and design approaches, Fujitsu will be demonstrating U-Scan® configurability for standard self-service (U-Scan Fresh) in grocery or specialty, hybrid self service (U-Scan Verso), along with self-checkout hardware that can be implemented as a
standalone system or as customized modular components.
• To enable friction-free checkout that enables customers to scan items and submit payments via biometric authentication, Fujitsu will demonstrate an RFID Portal with PalmSecure® biometric authentication.
• ConveniCash™ Payment Station featuring the Fujitsu GSR50 currency recycler to redeploy labor associated with counting and sorting money.
Order everywhere, fulfill anywhere easily
Fujitsu’s new approach to deliver Unified Commerce (UC) leverages a low code application platform and provides a single view of inventory, multi-channel order capture, transaction, and optimized fulfillment functionality for retailers, distributors, and dealers alike. Fujitsu’s UC tool, GLOVIA® OM, is delivered as a cloud application from Fujitsu or on the Salesforce Platform, and features easy setup, while offering dozens of pre-integrations to common enterprise systems.